LG washing machine not washing properly? Here’s what you need to know.
This guide will help you fix common problems with your washing machine. We’ll provide step-by-step solutions to improve its performance. Let’s dive in and get those clothes looking fresh and clean.
Step 1: Do You See Display Messages? Diagnosing Display Messages
Diagnosing Display Messages
The helpful display system on LG washers can guide you through troubleshooting. If you encounter display messages like UE, IE, OE, or DE, follow these steps to address the issues:
UE Display Message:
- Cause: The washer tub is out of balance.
- Solution: Rearrange items in the tub for better balance.
IE Display Message:
- Cause: Water supply issues or low water pressure.
- Solution: Check water lines, ensure proper connections, and inspect water inlet filters. Water pressure should be between 14.5 psi and 116 psi.
OE Display Message:
- Cause: Slow or no draining.
- Solution: Verify that you have installed the drain hose correctly, ensured it is free from obstructions, and confirmed that it is not frozen.
DE Display Message:
- Cause: The washer tub is unable to rotate.
- Solution: Ensure the tub is closed correctly and is not restricted.
If display message issues persist, unplug the washer and contact LG customer service.
Step 2: Do You See Marks or Streaks? Issues Without Display Messages
Checking for Leveling Issues
If your clothes aren’t clean and you don’t see display messages, the problem might be with the leveling of your washer. Follow these steps:
Check for leveling:
- Cause: unleveled unit.
- Solution: dispense correctly ordrain correctly
Marks or Streaks on Clothing:
- Cause: Mold or mildew residue.
- Solution: Run three tub cleans back-to-back with a commercial tub cleaner. Follow regular maintenance as per the owner’s manual.
Step 3: Odors in Fabrics? Combatting Unpleasant Odors
If you’re noticing odors in your fabrics, follow these steps:
- Cause: Fluffy items absorbing odors.
- Solution: Perform a tub clean cycle and regular maintenance to eliminate odors.
- Excess Detergent:
- Cause: Buildup due to too much detergent.
- Solution: Run affected clothing through a wash cycle with no detergent. Consider using laundry sanitizer for persistent odors.
Step 4: Too Much Detergent, Optimizing Detergent Usage
Using too much detergent can impact cleaning effectiveness. Follow these guidelines:
Proper Detergent Usage:
- Cause: Overuse of detergent.
- Solution: Follow the manufacturer’s recommended amount for effective cleaning.
Step 5: Hard Water (Addressing Hard Water Issues)
Around 85% of American homes have hard water. Without a water softener, most detergent is used to soften water instead of cleaning clothes.
Hard water can pose challenges. Follow these steps:
Hard Water Effects:
- Cause: Hard water.
- Solution: Use HE detergent for hard water and consider adding a water softener following the manufacturer’s instructions.
Inlet Hoses Check:
- Cause: Incorrectly connected inlet hoses.
- Solution: Attach the hot and cold hoses to the correct valves at the back of the washing machine.
Section 6: Load Size and Settings
If you put too many clothes in the washing machine, it won’t clean them properly. The clothes won’t move around properly, and there won’t be enough detergent to clean them well. In this case, take out some clothes and run a rinse and spin cycle.
Proper load size and settings are crucial for effective cleaning. Follow these guidelines:
- Cause: Overloaded drum.
- Solution: Do not fill the drum more than three-quarters full, or 22 pounds of dry linen.
- Cause: Incorrect settings for fabric types.
- Solution: Follow fabric care labels for wash and rinse temperatures, spin speeds, and wash times. Adjust soil levels based on item dirtiness.
Detergent Dispenser Maintenance:
- Cause: Residue buildup in detergent dispenser.
- Solution: Clean the dispenser monthly to ensure proper detergent and additive dispersion.
Read More: LG WASHING MACHINE IS FLASHING: QUICK FIXES
Preventive Measures For Maintaining Optimal Washing Machine Performance
You can optimize the performance of your LG washing machine by following some preventive measures:
- Regularly cleaning and inspecting the detergent dispenser is essential to ensure proper functioning. Accumulated detergent residue can hinder the washing process, so make sure to clean it thoroughly. Also, don’t overload the machine. It can strain the motor and make the wash less effective. Distribute clothes evenly within the drum for a balanced load.
- Regularly clean the lint filter and check for clogs in the hoses to keep the machine working well.
- Regularly inspecting and replacing worn-out parts is also crucial to avoid any issues with the machine.
By following these preventive measures, you can ensure that your LG washing machine consistently delivers optimal washing results.